market-farming - [Market-farming] Re: Onion Question

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Grepp AT wmconnect.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Re: Onion Question
  • Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 12:26:26 EDT

In a message dated 4/18/04 12:07:47 PM Eastern Daylight Time, market-farming-request AT lists.ibiblio.org writes:

Last summer I was given a deal on about 1500 onion sets. I planted them thinking onion greens would sell in the fall nicely because no one else would have them. Well, they didn't sell well so I let them over winter. They are growing nice but the bottom is still quite soft. Has any one done this and had any sucess with the onions the second year as either greens or bulbs?
Kevin

Kevin,

 I have left onions over winter so that I could have early green onions. When I harvest them I pull the onion out of the soft onion bulb. You may have to pull some to see how big they are under the old onion .

Garry Repp
Erie PA

  • [Market-farming] Re: Onion Question, Grepp, 04/18/2004