market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] Globalization / Food Quality / What to do?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Matt Cheselka <cheselka AT freestateproject.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] Globalization / Food Quality / What to do?
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 11:00:10 -0500 (CDT)

Since I've started this discussion (some might call it making trouble), I
want to suggest that it be limited to growin' and sellin' and makin' stuff
for 'Market Farming'. It's too easy to get off track becuase the issue is
so big. I actually belive that a lot of the big things will be taken care
of all by themselves if we focus on the little things, like growin' and
sellin' and makin'.

The way I see it, it's very literally a revolution every single time I
exchange one of my lettuces (or whatever) for someone else's dollars.
The person buying the stuff I help grow is doing *so much more* than just
getting a head of lettuce. And complimentary to that, I'm getting *so
much more* than just those dollars!

Great, great, great discussion!

Matt