market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] Globalization Basics

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "M N" <gershom_ivri AT hotmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] Globalization Basics
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 10:06:34 -0600

I think a lot of this globalization stuff is simply a scapegoat or strawman for feeling out of control or resistance to change. True humility is the biggest challenge as I sure would like to be Mr. Big Stuff.

We're all little people. Even (I think it was) President Truman felt the out of control thing.

The story goes something like this: On his first day in office the President told his staff all kinds of things he wanted to happen.

Nothing happened. No one did anything.

He was surprised but then realized he had to get to work and be a leader. He had to motivate, plan, organize, direct and control his presidency - his operation. He had to cooperate with the flow and adapt to the other agendas around him in order to get his job done.

So it goes with any business. Cooperation, relations, communications, productivity, committment, vision, planning, execution. Speaking of productivity... bye.

mn

Subject: RE: [Market-farming] Globalization / Food Quality / What to do?

  • RE: [Market-farming] Globalization Basics, M N, 04/15/2004