market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] Paplo-picture wrong

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "mmaysen" <mmaysen AT alltel.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] Paplo-picture wrong
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 10:12:27 -0500

Maureen,
I'm curious about the picture and the text on the page you sent. While
your written *description* fits perfectly with the Papalo I grew, ...
the photo does not resemble it at all.
In your description, it says, "...with blue-green leaves 1- 2 ½ inches
long. The stems can reach up to 6 feet in very hot climates. The leaves
are oval and small, with elongated translucent oil glands occurring at
4each wavy notch in the leaf. Its botanical name means "pored leaf".
Showy purple to brownish-green starburst flowers at the ends of the
branches...."

The photo on your page doesn't seem to match your description.
(actually the photo looks like Tarragon)
Or another variety??

I looked around the Net and found this picture at Richters which
resembles the Papalo I grew.
http://www.richters.com/Web_store/web_store.cgi?product=X4335&cart_id=86
59525.1305

just curious
Thanks,
MeLani

Maureen said....
--I've posted a profile of papalo (Porophyllum ruderale) at
http://www.herbnet.com/Papalo.pdf for those wanting more information
about the subject
Maureen Rogers
The Herb Growing & Marketing Network
PO Box 245, Silver Spring, PA 17575-0245
717-393-3295; FAX: 717-393-9261
www.herbworld.com and www.herbnet.com