market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] tobacco

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Eugene Wyatt <wyatt AT catskill-merino.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] tobacco
  • Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 11:48:40 -0500 (EST)

From what I understand, as a tobacco farmer no matter how small,
you have to register with the BAT(tobacco)F and pay federal
tobacco taxes on the crop if you intend to market it. This
anecdotal evidence came from the friend of a man who grows 100
acres of tobacco and discouraged me from pursuing the idea further.

Perhaps someone else on the list can provide more exact information
regarding the legalities of growing tobacco for resale.

Eugene

Windsoap wrote on 03/23/04 11:25:56