market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Generators

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: robert schuler <sunnfarm AT bellatlantic.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Generators
  • Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 09:52:07 -0500

I have two 8hp generators used as backup power for my greenhouses, so far
I have not had a power failure in ten years. I start them up once a year
just to be sure they work if needed. I can say that they do produce
enough power for a small home or greenhouse but my 5000 watt 8hp
generators will not run my 2 hp air compressor. If I had to buy a new
generator I would go up to 16 hp...Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.