market-farming - [Market-farming] Generators

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <igg AT igg.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Generators
  • Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 07:33:52 -0500

Howdy!

I'm farming well off the grid this season. Knowing so many who do so intentionally, I didn't think much of the commitment. Now, looking at a couple of hoophouses to put up and a mile of oak fencing to install, I'm longing for my power tools.

Does anyone have experience with small, portables generators? They are certainly more readily available now that the major grids have demonstrated their fallability. At Lowes I'm seeing generators by Coleman and other consumer-oriented companies.

I'm wondering if anyone on the list is using generators regularly and can make a recommendation of brands, models, and sizes.

I think I'm looking for something that i can pull around in a field for power tools but could also be used to power the freezer and a few lights the next time we lose power at the house for a few days.

Thanks

-Allan Balliett