market-farming - [Market-farming] hoop house plastic

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "" <herbthyme AT simcon.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] hoop house plastic
  • Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 12:08:45 -0500

My question is, what is the best plastic to use? Clear or Opaque? Where is
the best place to get this plastic inthe sizes we need? What is a reasonable
expectation for price for this plastic?

Kendra & Brooke
I have a 14'x32' hoophouse, we bought a 150' roll of clear IR film that was
24'x 100' and is 6ml. This particular kind is a little better than other's
as it it will bounce the sun rays back down to the ground instead of letting
them out. It is suppose to be good for 4-6 years, but has only been up for
one so far! We bought it from KropKing in Seville Ohio. They have a lot of
good supplies and we also used "wiggle wire" to put it up. The website is
www.kropking.com. Hope this helps!

Courtney
Herb Thyme
Middlefield, Oh