market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] hoop house plastic

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: robert schuler <sunnfarm AT bellatlantic.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] hoop house plastic
  • Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 08:58:45 -0500

I agree with Liz, When I first started out I bought new sheet of hardware
store 20x100 poly that actually split apart right out of the box!. You can get
a 12 month poly we call over wintering film 20x100 for around $70. Or a 4 year
film for $130. The four year stuff can last at least 5 years I have some that
is on the eighth year! it can last as long as your nerves can hold out. If you
remove the poly at the end of the season and store it in a barn it can last
almost forever. Buying poly is no time to pinch pennies...Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.