market-farming - Re: Re: Re: [Market-farming] hoop house plastic

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: <bill AT farmerbill.downhomecountry.info>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Re: Re: [Market-farming] hoop house plastic
  • Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 14:42:01 +0100

Liz,

Thanks for the input! I did have one bad experience with 4-mil plastic 2
years ago. What I'm using here tho tends to get abraided and then start
tearing longitudinally, rather than shattering into a zillion pieces.
I've got some on my spinach cloches that is 2 years old, has a few holes
but still is working. Typically we get a front coming through with high
winds that tears this stuff from end to end in one swell foop, but
hopefully before that happens I've put it somewhere noncritical. I agree
that the other stuff is bad news.--Bill