market-farming - [Market-farming] GMOs

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "maureen bostock" <maureenbostock AT hotmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] GMOs
  • Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 07:57:55 -0800

I read Ann E. Clark's excellent review of the supreme court of Canada's hearing of Percy's appeal. I think she makes a good point when she says that the motivation of Monsanto is to make it difficult to grow open-pollinated species of plants. Of course, their primary motivation is marketshare. What also concerns me is the farmer working in less democratic conditions elsewhere in the world where the farmer's vulnerability to the Monsanto police may result in him or her deciding that it is safer to just grow GMOs than fight the company.
Maureen

Add photos to your e-mail with MSN 8. Get 2 months FREE*. http://join.msn.com/?page=features/photos&pgmarket=en-ca&RU=http%3a%2f%2fjoin.msn.com%2f%3fpage%3dmisc%2fspecialoffers%26pgmarket%3den-ca