market-farming - [Market-farming] hoop house plastic

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Kendra Poole <ardnek710 AT earthlink.net>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] hoop house plastic
  • Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 17:33:47 -0600 (GMT-06:00)

Hi, I'm new to the list and have a question concerning hoop house plastic.
We have a raised bed that we are interested in converting to a hoop house.
It is 24'x4' and we are going to use pvc pipes for the ribs with some sort of
clamp system to hold the plastic together. My question is, what is the best
plastic to use? Clear or Opaque? Where is the best place to get this plastic
inthe sizes we need? What is a reasonable expectation for price for this
plastic?
We figure the sides will be about 3-4feet high (the current height of the
chicken wire fence around the bed) and the pvc pipe ribs with arch above and
give just enough clearance to work inside. So it is quite a bit of plastic
that we need.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Kendra&Brooke