market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Truck Tires

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "George Tremblay" <George_Tremblay AT antiochne.edu>
  • To: Allan Balliett <igg AT igg.com>
  • Cc: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Truck Tires
  • Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2003 09:04:23 -0500

Allan, I also have an F250 that sees fairly heavy use in the woods and
plowing snow, and perhaps 6000 mi per year overall. Last year, I switched
from course all-season radials year round, to running All Terrain tires in
the winter. I don't know your climate, but in my rural, moderately heavy
snow environment, the improvement in performance is very noticeable. I've
pasted a link for the tires I use (Courser A/T, 235/85/16) below; they
cost me a little under $100 each with mounting and balancing. Yes,
they're noisy on pavement, but if you drive only 3k mi per year, what do
you care?

http://www.mastercrafttires.com/us/en/ProductDetails.asp?ProdType=LtTruck&id=85#sizesAndSpecs

George Tremblay
Troy, NH