market-farming - [Market-farming] Truck Tires

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <igg AT igg.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Truck Tires
  • Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 19:32:43 -0500

Friends -

I'm looking to put new tires on my farm-use F250. This truck is pretty much used on the farm and ocassionally for hauling heavy loads on the hwy relativly short distances. it is NOT a delivery truck, per se. It is also the family's primary snow vehicle. I'd go with MUD tires, I think, but the tire shops are telling me that they are unbearably loud on the road and that they need to be rotated every 3000 miles (which, probably, is less than once a year). Maybe the question is: are "all weather' tires good enough for a farm vehicle.

If you've got a brand/model/price, that w.b. great, also.

I've been looking at some 'made by Kelley Springfield' tires for $101 mounted and balanced

Thanks

-Allan