market-farming - [Market-farming] Re: Thanks to regular subscribers!

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Miranda Smith" <miranda AT tagoresmith.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Re: Thanks to regular subscribers!
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2003 05:23:22 -0400

Excuse me, Liz, but isn't that what it's all about? --being there for
younger and less experienced growers?

I know that's what matters to me, and I'll make a good guess that the other
folks on this list who are over 60, most of whom have been growing
organically for at least 40 to 50 years, are also here to listen and monitor
so they can help where they can.

Like me, most of them don't post unless they think they can add something
valuable that's being overlooked.. They are more likely to write someone
off-list.

--Which is only to say that the need to create a world and a food system
based on ecological realities is stronger than any one person and also
transcends the temporary chaos of an influx of good people.

--No need for thanks for any of us. But thanks for them anyway.

Miranda Smith
--a crusty old organic grower who's been here for a long, long time!