market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Share Boxes (?)

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Marlin Burkholder" <glenecofarm AT planetcomm.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Share Boxes (?)
  • Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 23:13:43 -0700

During our first two CSA years, we used paper grocery bags. For the last
three years we have been recycling tomato boxes. We pay 25 cents a box to a
mentally handicapped fellow who works at Burger King and saves their boxes
over the year.
This system may not work for you if you pack boxes in a wet area and put wet
produce directly into the box. We weigh at least half of our produce and
put it directly in recycled plastic grocery bags before placing it in the
box.
Christine Burkholder