market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] Tillers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Rick Hopkins" <rdhopkins AT americanpasturage.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] Tillers
  • Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 22:34:54 -0500

The adjustable speed of the Rotavator tines allows one to tailor the amount
of tillage, ground speed, and soil conditions to achieve the desired
results. It will till as in completely pulverize the soil or incorporate as
needed. We find that with good cover crops, deep tilling is not necessary.
So I prefer the Rotavator over a spading machine.

Rick