market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Organic livestock does not have to be feed organic

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "marc" <marc AT aculink.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Organic livestock does not have to be feed organic
  • Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 10:59:30 -0700

As well as the organic feed issue it seems there are other issues that need
to be addressed.

I found this interesting and well written expose article that discusses an
emerging scandal in Wisconsin regarding practices about dairy cows that
maybe the USDA and the organic community has not well addressed.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/uniontrib/sun/currents/news_1c9barry.html

Marc Nameth

> I don't understand how organic is regulated by the whims of congress/
> If livestock does not have to be feed organic food most people will not
> buy organic milk, eggs, meat etc. Also the USDA promised us all that
no......