market-farming - [Market-farming] Organic livestock does not have to be feed organic

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "sals" <sals AT rain.org>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Organic livestock does not have to be feed organic
  • Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 16:06:59 -0800

I don't understand how organic is regulated by the whims of congress/
If livestock does not have to be feed organic food most people will not
buy organic milk, eggs, meat etc. Also the USDA promised us all that no
GMOs will be used in organic production I take it to mean no GMOs in
feed and because organic is only GMO regulated source it stands to
reason u should feed organic so u can prove to you USDA inspector u are
not using GMOs on your organic farm. .