market-farming - [Market-farming] Childhood Photo from Market Day

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Dave Lilligren" <dave AT lilligren.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Childhood Photo from Market Day
  • Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 09:49:05 -0600

In the early 1960's, our family had a small truck farm in northern Minnesota
near Duluth. Every Saturday morning in the summer, we would go into the
city to sell our produce. We took turns as kids to go with Dad to the
market. One late summer morning, my Dad had everybody go outside for a
family photo before he and my oldest sister took off. My brother recently
sent me that photo. Boy, did it bring back memories! You can check it out
at:

http://www.lilligren.com/homestead/market_day_duluth.htm

I'm the little bespectacled rascal behind the dog. I was almost nine years
old back then.

I thought some of you would appreciate a little nostalgia!

Peace,

Dave Lilligren
Sandstone, MN