market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] Aerator for Composting Tea

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Bob Crowder" <bob AT akasha.net>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] Aerator for Composting Tea
  • Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 16:43:00 -0600

Do you think one of the units like on an old hot tub would work? That might
be an eductor? I had a foam machine about 25 years ago. It had an air nozzle
and a liquid nozzle on one end. When you turned it on it force both air and
liquid through a 2" pipe filled with 1/4 " glass pellets. The trick was to
keep pressure positive on the outlet size by using a long hose of 25' or
longer. I wonder if some arrangement like that would help press the oxygen
into the water slurry. Or a eductor with forced air at 60 lbs or so and
water at 60 lbs run through an agitation of small round beads to increase
surface area then choked down to flow out a restricted pipe to keep the
atmosphere over the standard inches of mercury.
Thanks for the surplus lead - I am always looking for STUFF
Bob

Eductors. Fun. Easy to use. Efficient. You drive the input with a water pump
and a port develops suction that can draw air into it and a mixing action
occurs.

Marc Nameth