market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] OT Thought Provoking (or maybe justprovoking:)

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "marc" <marc AT aculink.net>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] OT Thought Provoking (or maybe justprovoking:)
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 09:24:55 -0700

Nope. The plethora of "not-for-profit" organizations that have emerged over
the years with executives making over six figures indicates that these
"hobbies" are anything but "semi-charmed." Perhaps fully charmed?

Of course when we spend more on pets in this country than the GNP of most of
the worlds country combined we have a fully charmed situation. The small
farm can do very well pursuing niche situations and reacting to fill those
"fads" quickly then moving on to catch the next fad. Sometimes you can sell,
sometimes you can follow and usually it's a mix of the two.