market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] OT Thought Provoking (or maybe just provoking:)

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Marie Kamphefner" <kampy AT grm.net>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] OT Thought Provoking (or maybe just provoking:)
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 22:11:22 -0600

Regards to the list:

Yeah, sure would be nice to have slaves - well, other than hubby and a
kid now and then. I could get all kinds of things done.

I keep thinking about the big corporations moving to other countries. I
try to buy American and what do I see when I open the hood of my little
Ford? Made in Mexico. Factories keep closing, the jobs keep leaving
the country, and tv's keep getting cheaper. One of these days, there
will be no jobs (that's here and now in north Missouri) and there will
be nobody to buy cars, tv's, designer jeans or Nike's. What are they
gonna do then? I'm going to stop here. I'm sure this has been said
before.

Marie in Missouri