market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] SYSCO

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "jay gee" <jgj23 AT mindspring.com>
  • To: "market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] SYSCO
  • Date: Sat, 07 Dec 2002 14:07:36 -0800 (PST)

The best way to reach people is with the direct approach.

Contact your local SYSCO outlet and speak to the administrative
manager, executive secretary, or general manager and briefly
explain what you are trying to find out.

Make it short and to the point, while remembering to be friendly.
If you couch your call in terms of "maybe you can help me?"
most people respond to the call.

Good luck.

BTW, start with SYSCO's web site and see what contact information
is available there.

Jay Gee
not a farmer -- but interested in farming

Aubrey wrote:

>I am President of a marketing coop located in North Carolina and am
>interested in
determining how to go about contacting SYSCO regionally or locally, if
possible. We
presently sell to Whole Foods and other regional grocers as well as
restaurants
throughout N.C. Our niche is freshness, local/regional, service, close link
between
growers and customers. We are on the verge of doing some value-added
packaging
that will probably allow us access to institutional markets.