market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Fedco

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Fred & Rose Lieberman" <pyrite AT clarityconnect.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Fedco
  • Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2002 18:00:30 -0500

Adriana, that's what's so wonderful about a market economy. We vote with
our dollars. What you value, you pay for. What I don't value, I don't pay
for.

I don't need year-round seed, although I am a greenhouse grower.
I don't need glossy pictures. I pretty much know what I want and I can
always get pictures from the plethora of catalogs that come to me
I don't like ordering from a website, especially when I have a large variety
of seed to order. I find it a relaxing and creative process to sit down
with an array of catalogs.
No question about it - Johnny's staff is much more accessible. And that's
one of the reasons why Fedco is less expensive on the average.
And, even if JSS and Fedco were the exact same price, I support the types of
information Fedco offers. I never realized I had a choice of whether or not
to support seed producers who engage in practices I don't care to support.
I get that information from the Fedco catalog.

Simple, no?

I had no intention of making this some sort of a contest between the two
companies. They're both good. They both appeal to a broad audience
although each is weighted toward a slightly different demographic.

So, call me a hippy, already.

Rose