market-farming - [Market-farming] Doyle Thornless and Johnny's Germination

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "gutierrez-lagatta" <gutierrez-lagatta AT charter.net>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Doyle Thornless and Johnny's Germination
  • Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2002 13:51:10 -0600

Re: Doyle Thornless

The big complaint about the Doyle Thornless on Garden Web discussion
(in addition to cost) is the fact that they are not too sweet. General
consesnsus has been to recomend a thornless called Triple Crown which
is much cheaper. I have some ordered for this spring.

> I have seen mention before of this "Doyle" berry, but never looked
> closely.

Re: Johnny's Germination failures

I've ordered seed continually from Johnny's all year without out a
problem (except for some Orach which was awful!). I wonder if a batch
of seed got mishandled in transit (sat in an ultr-hot teuck) which
afected germination?

Adriana

  • [Market-farming] Doyle Thornless and Johnny's Germination, gutierrez-lagatta, 12/07/2002