market-farming - [Market-farming] Sysco

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "gutierrez-lagatta" <gutierrez-lagatta AT charter.net>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Sysco
  • Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2002 11:31:19 -0600

Robert,
I suspect, because of the decentralized nature of their operations
that different SYSCO distribution centers have different levels of
service and quality. Here in Birmingham they are considered the
premier institutional wholesaler. But they do suffer from the
drawbacks of sheer size. When a sales rep has access to 10,000 items
how is he possibly going to know them all? And if you buy only
$50,000 a year then you are small potatoes to them compared to a
restaurant or country club that orders $20-30,000 per week.
> I find Sysco to be the very WORST supplier (and I'm not alone -
check
> their reputation) I've ever dealt with.

Adriana