market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] favorite toy/tool

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Liz Pike" <liz AT laughingbrookfarm.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] favorite toy/tool
  • Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 15:40:25 -0500

> Curious, what toy/tool is your favorite for making this farming life
easier?

Does it have to be just one?? ; ))

Hands down, the internet. I've used it to diagnose insects and diseases
quicker than getting someone out to the farm to check 'em out. Just snap
pic and email it to extension guy. They love pictures & answering email!!

Tractor. It can do things I'd never be able to do with my own puny brute
strength! And it's fun. And you can get a breeze to stir up on a hot day
if you throttle it right. One day when it grows up, it will have a front
end loader for harvesting.

Ice machine. Ain't nothing better for encouraging tired help to move faster
than a handful of ice down those shorts ; ))

Liz Pike
Laughingbrook Farm
Westfield NC
http://www.marketfarming.com