market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] favorite toy/tool

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Rainbow's End Farms & Orchards" <rainbowsend AT swva.net>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] favorite toy/tool
  • Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 17:30:36 -0500

I'm beginning to think that in lieu of a book with all the
answers I could use a good OUIJA board or 8-Ball to answer all of
my questions like:
Who is the most reliable and cost effective seed supplier?
Who has the best and most reasonably price transplants for a wide
range of vegetables?
Is it more cost-effective to grow my own transplants?
Can I really grow onions as good as Vidalias or garlics that
compete with those from California?
Are there vegetables that are simply not worth the bother?
Are there some home grown varieties that should be in every
growers gardens?

Maybe we need a best of the net for market farmers and CSA's that
would maintain a yearly list of those voted best to deal with.

ONE thing I HAVE learned is that there are HUGE differences
between web site developers and I am very anxious to share my
beautiful NEW site when it moves from staging to production and
the name of the best web developer out there with everybody soon!

Clarence W. and Lisa J. Walker
Rainbow's End Farms and Orchards
880 Central Academy Road
Stuart, Virginia 24171