market-farming - Boots & Socks

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Marienne Kreitlow <marienne AT marienne.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Boots & Socks
  • Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 09:12:53 -0500

I wear Smartwool socks year round. Yes, they're a bit pricey, but they last a
long time. They are available in various thicknesses and lengths.

My dad, who will only wear over-the-calf black dress socks (he's a minister)
was
complaining that his feet sweat and he was getting fungus. I bought him a
pair
of Smartwool ski socks, that just happen to be black, and he loves them.

I used to always wear polypro liners with hiking socks, but now I find with
the
Smartwool, I don't need the liners as much - only use them now for additional
warmth.

As for boots, my retired hiking boots become my farm boots. Mostly Asolo, but
the current hiking boot (not put out to pasture yet) is an REI. And REI
stores
are a good place to get the Smartwool socks.

Jerry Ford
Hei-Low Farm
Howard Lake, MN

  • Boots & Socks, Marienne Kreitlow, 10/21/2002