market-farming - Does anyone have experience with precision seeders?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Carl & Julie" <farmer AT mountainharvestorganic.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Does anyone have experience with precision seeders?
  • Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 09:16:10 -0400

This past season I made a rookie farm manager mistake. I let our
apprentice hand seed crops causing crop loss due to over crowdedness.
We have been using the Earthway but it does not work well for most
varieties we grow.

Next year we hope to automate our direct seeded crops using a precision
seeder which would be a huge labor savings. Does anyone have any
experience with any of the below seeders: If you know of other
precision seeders not listed, please advise.

- Planet Jr. (not a precision seeder, but I am interested in the seeds
it does well)
- Stan-hay
- Milton Garden Pro/Starco
- Cole Multiflex