market-farming - Re: Does anyone have experience with precision seeders?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Kevin Ancell" <kancell AT goodearthgardens.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Does anyone have experience with precision seeders?
  • Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 06:06:56 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: "Willie McKemie" <mckemie AT austinfarm.org>

> How does it do planting through trash? Aren't they pretty pricey?

If you add the fluted coulters (sp?) in front there are no problems. As to
pricey. You can find used units where cucumbers are raised (i.e. Michigan)
for pickle production. I don't know what the prices are today, I bought mine
about 5 years ago. I paid $1,700.00 for a two row fully loaded.

The precision and singulation is incredible.

I planted 20 acres of Pumpkins and Gourds and didn't have any skips or
double plants.