market-farming - Market customer attendance falling off?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: jjvaughn AT juno.com
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu
  • Subject: Market customer attendance falling off?
  • Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2002 16:51:24 -0500

Hello to all,

Just wondering if most markets fall off in customer attendance for
everyone after the beginning of the new school year or if that is just a
problem in our area. Also, if this is a trend for you we are wondering
how other markets are trying to attract and keep market attendance
through the fall. Most of our die-hard customers are still coming, we
are just not attracting many new or keeping some of our semi-regular
summertime customers. We plan events and festivals and they work for
that weekend, but do not carry over customer attendance to the next
market weekend like they did earlier in the season. Any suggestions? Is
this normal for most markets?

Julie

Jim and Julie Vaughn
Rocky Glade Farm