market-farming - Re: Pricing leaf veg

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Petersons <petersns AT whidbey.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Pricing leaf veg
  • Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 19:41:25 -0700

Has anyone tried pricing by the gram? We don't have certified scales so we generally sell by volume instead, but we actually weigh each bag (squash, beans, greens, herbs) for consistency as we prepare for market. It struck us that our scales registered grams also, and that might be a way to get around the !$4.00/#!!! reaction.
Molly Petersons

BTW, pricing by the ounce will strike your consumers
as higher than your "high" poundage rates. Stick with
pound pricing.

Jay Gee