market-farming - Re:Field bindweed

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: sunnfarm AT netscape.net
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu ("Market Farming")
  • Subject: Re:Field bindweed
  • Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2002 10:29:18 -0400

Around here at our monthly pest meetings morning glory has become public
enemy number three, bindweed a different animal altogether is less of a
problem though its turning up on notill grainland more than vegetable ground.
I here of an increase of these weeds all over, I think that since so much of
the land we farm today had been in grain and dairy we are seeing the clearing
of the soil of atrizine residues, that were applied at rates 5-10 times what
is allowed today. This sterilized the soil and now we are seeing the return
of many supressed weed seeds coming to life. So perhaps you can look upon
morning glory and bindweed as sort of a good thing...Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.

Your favorite stores, helpful shopping tools and great gift ideas. Experience
the convenience of buying online with Shop@Netscape!
http://shopnow.netscape.com/

http://webmail.netscape.com/