market-farming - Re: Field bindweed

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Del Williams" <delannw AT dlogue.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Field bindweed
  • Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 13:28:00 -0500

Unbelievable stuff. I try to pull it all out by hand but man it just seems
to be getting worse and worse. Pulling plants down to the ground. It's
like the creature from the black lagoon for plants.

I had a load of manure brought in and apparently it wasn't composted hot
enough. I never had bind weed or other weed problems like I have now. The
only good thing about it were the true somniferum poppies that came up all
over the place.

Go figure, bind weed and ... not going to say. Don't need the feds here.
LOL. Beautiful flowers. Still, I don't need poppies going to seed here
either.

Del Williams
Farmer in the Del
Clifton, IL