market-farming - Re: Info on boc choy please

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Jill Taylor Bussiere" <jdt AT itol.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Info on boc choy please
  • Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 20:16:29 -0500

Bob,

It is absolutely scrumptious in stir fry!  If you have snow peas, some carrots, some onions of any kind, but especially spring onions, you can make up "stir fry packages" with directions perhaps, if you are not in an area where people already cook stir fry.  If you have samples of stir fry at market for people to taste, all the better!
                       Jill, Wisconsin

Folks,
We've grown some very nice (I think) boc choy.  Just one problem.  I don't know what to do with it!!  When do you harvest it?  How do you use it?  I'm sure my CSA customers will be curious as to what to do with this beautiful green plant . . . Thanx for any help!
Bob