market-farming - RE: Tomato transplants damping off-in the field!

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: sunnfarm AT netscape.net
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu ("Market Farming")
  • Subject: RE: Tomato transplants damping off-in the field!
  • Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 21:28:55 -0400

The problem you discribe is very common in plastic mulched tomatoes in my
area, we found its not a disease, but physical damage caused by the plastic
rubbing the tomato stem, after planting we come back and put one good sized
handful of soil around the stem of each plant sealing the hole and protecting
the stem...Bob
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.

Your favorite stores, helpful shopping tools and great gift ideas. Experience
the convenience of buying online with Shop@Netscape!
http://shopnow.netscape.com/

http://webmail.netscape.com/