market-farming - Re: Newbie needs help

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Margaret Wilson" <booldawgs AT earthlink.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Newbie needs help
  • Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 08:34:18 -0700

Hi Sandra,
Your letter gave me a smile. We are in the process of moving from the S CA
desert to 53 acres in SW Oregon. We will have to compare notes in our
adventures. I buy bermuda hay here to feed my animals and it sprouts up
everywhere I try to grow flowers or? Try smothering in out with black
plastic when it is really hot weather. Tilling it just spreads it for us.
I really hope I don't take it with me in the animals stomachs. It will be
awhile before we are market gardening/farming too. I am feeling overwhelmed
but excited. Good luck
Margaret