market-farming - Re: fertigation

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: HackettShark AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: fertigation
  • Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 11:41:53 EDT

In a message dated 4/17/02 8:08:32 AM Central Daylight Time, joan AT windwalker-farm.com writes:

Sometimes when it blows like this
I just want to go out and scream!

This has been one ofthe most windy year I can remember.  Missed the rain last night went north and south of us, Oh well.  Ive had to tighten the poly on the hoophouses about once a week, It just keeps getting streched out, I'm ready for this weather to straighten out a little bit.  Been a real hard spring to plant and keep everything watered, than god for our really good deep well but it' s at the 125' level so we have a way's to go on it yet.  Never have seen it go dry even when the place was full of cattle, but there is always the first time for everything.

Phil from iowa