market-farming - Re: one-upmanship

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Marie Kamphefner <kampy AT grm.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: one-upmanship
  • Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2001 09:46:42 -0500

Joan, I bow to you, the wise one of us.

The stories have been great - I love it.

Joan, please tell us about your grandmother and how she got her work done in the heat of the summer with time for a leisurely afternoon. These days just kill me! I huff and puff and sweat and get soooo tired! I'm bug-bit, sun-burnt, calloused, blistered and have heat rash. My finger and toenails get dirty and I get to the point that I don't care if I have a garden or not sometimes.

I won the book, "Growing Great Garlic" on eBay and got a notice that it had been sent this morning. I think I'll try to dig some garlic this evening. It rained this week and the ground should be dry enough to get out there by this evening. I dug a small bulb last weekend and put it in some spaghetti sauce. It was divine!

Marie in Missouri