market-farming - Re: peppers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Lucy Owsley <goodows AT infinet.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: peppers
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 11:12:06 -0400

We put out about 1/2 our peppers right before the weather turned cold
and wet and because they are on green plastic and had a row cover on
wire hoops over top, they didn't really notice the cold and are growing well.

Note: we will have tomatoes about 5 weeks earlier than others because of
high tunnels. We'd have them now but we removed the tunnels right before
it turned cold and circumstances made it about impossible to put the
tunnel back up. So the plants that had been in full flower and about to
set fruit dropped everything and set us back about 3 weeks. So it would
be very possible for someone in Iowa to have peppers already.

Lucy Goodman-Owsley
Boulder Belt Organics
New Paris, OH

Looking for a CSA, Farmer's market or other venue for fresh local food?
Check out
http://www.localharvest.com

It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong

Voltaire (1694-1778)