market-farming - Re: peppers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: HackettShark AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: peppers
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 09:15:26 EDT

In a message dated 6/18/01 10:39:29 PM Central Daylight Time,
potzkai AT hotmail.com writes:

My pepper plants are turning yellow and new growth is slow

The peppers need some heat, warmer weather,all over the country.  Here in
Iowa the wind has blown every day, hard, and everything we have planted looks
like crap.  I did some soil test the other day and everything is pretty well
balanced, the weather has just not cooperated with us growers.

One of the venders showed up with peppers at the market Saturday, if you can
believe that.  Greenhouse he say's.  O'Well????

I really hope that things start to grow a little faster, our season is short
enough the way it is.  Maybe I need to build more hoop houses in the future
in order to stay in the business.  Hoop houses and the wind we have all the
time is another factor, and when it gets hot later in the summer is another
factor on hoop houses.

Just some personal thoughts
Phil from Iowa.