market-farming - Re: rhubarb

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Brian and Jacqueline Potzkai" <potzkai AT hotmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: rhubarb
  • Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2001 06:17:42 -0700

Does anybody know if wild rhubarb is safe for consumption. We have lots of it, but my grandmother had told me when I was a kid that it wasn't edible....

We planted a 1/4 acre of Laramie strawberries yesterday, I now have someone to work with me this year so we're getting lots done :<) - I've managed to get my hands on some free fibre turf, enough for one acre of totem strawberries, hopefully this will work better than the mess that was previously in the garden from the plastic. We finished tearing up most of the old damaged stuff yesterday - what a mess - and bugs galore!

Rhubarb and strawberries, a match made in Heaven, yum! David - wipe your keyboard of all drool - it's not good for it. Here's the pomegranite and rhubarb recipe (ps: I don't use recipe books that often, and this is one of those recipes)

4-5 cups chopped rhubarb, 3/4 cup pomegranite juice mixed with: 1 cup sugar - 2 tablespoons cornstarch - 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind. Put rhubarb in your favourite pie shell recipe, pour juice over top, cap it and cook it. Jacqueline