market-farming - lime

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "pech9" <pech9 AT rocketmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: lime
  • Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 13:20:24 -0500

Hi everybody.....I just got a soil test back that says I should put a ton
of lime (per acre) on my land. I've found a source, but I'm not too sure
how to apply. Also this is a soil building year for us, just cover crops
to try n to improve tilth, og matter and the like. Is now the time to lime
or should I wait until next year when crops go in. This year we are going
to till the land, it's been sitting for 5 years with no use, next year we
plan on a "no till" operation. If anybody has and suggestions I'd be all
ears...Thanks Dave

  • lime, pech9, 03/05/2001
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: lime, Tracie Smith, 03/05/2001