market-farming - Re: lime

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: sunnfarm AT netscape.net
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Cc: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: lime
  • Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2001 20:15:43 -0500

Dave when you buy lime ask for the Calcium Carbonate Equivalent or cce this
will give you an accurate way to calculate exactly how much lime a given
supplier should put down,since no two batches of lime are alike, and always
get a spreader company to custom apply lime its much cheaper in the end...
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.

"Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu> wrote:

> Hi everybody.....I just got a soil test back that says I should put a ton
> of lime (per acre) on my land. I've found a source, but I'm not too sure
> how to apply. Also this is a soil building year for us, just cover crops
> to try n to improve tilth, og matter and the like. Is now the time to lime
> or should I wait until next year when crops go in. This year we are going
> to till the land, it's been sitting for 5 years with no use, next year we
> plan on a "no till" operation. If anybody has and suggestions I'd be all
> ears...Thanks Dave
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to market-farming as: sunnfarm AT netscape.net
> leave-market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu

Get your own FREE, personal Netscape Webmail account today at
http://webmail.netscape.com/

  • lime, pech9, 03/05/2001
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: lime, Tracie Smith, 03/05/2001