market-farming - Re: lime

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Tracie Smith" <traciestasty AT hotmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: lime
  • Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2001 13:45:43 -0500

dave
it is best to apply lime in the fall because it takes time for it to change the ph of the soil. you can apply 1/2 in the spring, to get it working for the cover crop, and then half in the fall for next years crops.
Tracie in NH
p.s. it would help if folks include their zone or where they are from...