market-farming - Re: Tractor turning radius

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: robert schuler <sunnfarm AT bellatlantic.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Tractor turning radius
  • Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2001 13:43:18 -0500

If you want a bedder that's designed for seeding with planet and stanhay
seeders
you can try Schaper Bros, at 856-455-1640, Ken has a welding shop and he
builds
and sells a new version of the old Teddar Bedder, and distributes then
throughout
the USA, they are hand made one at a time and will build a 6" high bed 4' wide
with a 20 hp tractor, there are more than 10000 acres of raised beds in my
county
that use this bedder, basically it has a combination of bedding discs and
shaping
shovels and a leveler that resembles a meeker harrow, this produces a firm
surface
to accurately run seeders
Peter Worsley, the tractor you refer to from Ferrari is designed for vineyard
work, farmers who buy them have very special needs, they have been around
the USA
for at least 15 years but most folks avoid them because its hard to get parts
and
service for foreign machines, there is a virtually unlimited number of new and
used American tractors out there that will suit your needs...
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.