market-farming - Re: Jug Onions

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Hugh Lovel <uai AT alltel.net>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Jug Onions
  • Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 13:53:07 -0500

Dear Marie,

I grow ramps in my ginseng patch. These gourmet wild forest onions don't
make much of a bulb and they don't make sets in the tops. It doesn't sound
like Egyptian onions either since they do make sets in the tops, but they
don't make much of a bulb and aren't especially good keepers so far as any
I've ever grown. Good luck, but I think you better keep up your search.

Best,
Hugh Lovel
Blairsville, GA