market-farming - Re: women and small market gardens

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Sue <swtgrssfrm AT nls.net>
  • To: market farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: women and small market gardens
  • Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 20:56:32 -0500

I just wanted to thank all of you who responded to my post! Reading them was
like taking
a breath of fresh air! I agree Lee that this is a wonderful way to spend my
time but I am
thankful for the change in seasons and the change in pace that goes with it.
I like this
time of feeling like your are starting anew. I know that is why they say
hope springs
eternal!
I just wanted to say quickly in defense of my husband I didn't want to give
the impression
that he won't help me! He does an amazing amount of work on the farm and off
so that is
not my intention. Our garden is one aspect of what we do here but it is
something that I
feel I can tailor to fit me. I have wanted something that I can do myself in
case
something happens to my husband.
Thank you for your stories. They have been inspiring and encouraging.
Sue